Druckansicht der Internetadresse:

International Office

Print page

Stays in the United Kingdom

BREXIT - Mobility and funding opportunities in the United Kingdom

The withdrawal of the United Kingdom (UK) from the European Union has raised many questions and caused confusion in the area of student and staff mobility. Fortunately, it is now clear that study, internship and short stays can still be carried out in the future in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. However, these countries are affected by some changes, which we would like to inform you about in the following.

Study visits to partner institutionsHide

Study visits to the UK are no longer part of the Erasmus+ programme at the University of Bayreuth, but are now part of the Global programme.  Current exchange opportunities in the UK can still be viewed in the Publisher. However, applications for these exchange places are now accepted in the Global application portal. As a rule, exchanges at partner universities remain exempt from tuition fees.

Exchange visits to partner universities in the United Kingdom can now be funded by the Foundation for International Youth Exchange Bavaria with funds from the Bavarian State Ministry of Science and the Arts and the BMBF in the PROMOS project. You can apply for funding for your study visit at here.

If you are studying abroad for more than six months, you must have a student visa to enter the UK. Detailed information on entry requirements can be found on the British Council website and on GOV.UK.

Study visits to Ireland are not affected by the changes and will continue to be part of the Erasmus+ programme.

Internship staysHide

Internship stays are also affected by Brexit in a similar way to study visits. In these cases, funding can no longer be provided from Erasmus+ funds.

A Temporary Worker-Government Authorized Exchange Visa (T5) is required to carry out a self-organized internship.

After approval of the visa application, an Immigration Health Surcharge may be due for access to the public health service.

Under certain conditions, internships can also be funded by the PROMOS partial scholarship. The application is made here.

Short stays (specialized courses, summer and winter schools)Hide

Short stays in the format of specialized, summer and winter schools are also still possible. Current offers for short-term stays at our partner universities can be found under News & Events.

Funding for short stays is available through the PROMOS scholarship. Freemover mobility, i.e. self-organized subject-specific programmes, summer and winter schools, can also be funded. To apply for a PROMOS partial scholarship for the United Kingdom, click here.

Staff and lecturer mobilityHide

There is currently no funding available for staff and lecturers to spend time in the UK.

Webmaster: Sabine Anders

Facebook Twitter Youtube-Kanal Instagram UBT-A Contact