Druckansicht der Internetadresse:

International Office

Print page

Higher Education Entrance Qualification

How do I know whether I have a higher education entrance qualification, and if so, which one?

Unfortunately, we are currently unable to offer preliminary assessments of higher education entrance qualifications. However, you have the option of researching this yourself in advance. Reliable information can be found in anabin, the official database of Germany’s Standing Conference of the Ministers of Education and Cultural Affairs (KMK). Go to the "Schulabschlüsse mit Hochschulzugang" tab, then under search ("Suchen”), select your country and your secondary or higher education qualification.

Other options are the DAAD’s admissions database, which provides information on the assessment of degrees from numerous countries of origin in German and English, as well as the “Check: university admission” by uni-assist. If you have any questions about the result in anabin, please do not hesitate to contact us. The Incoming Degree Team would be happy to help.

If you apply with an International Baccalaureate Diploma (IB) you have to fulfill the following general requirements:

  • Your schooling must comprise 12 consecutive school years.
  • You have to fulfill the curricular requirements set out by the Standing Conference of the Ministers of Education and Cultural Affairs of the Länder in the Federal Republic of Germany (Kultusministerkonferenz). For more information, please consult the legally binding regulations can be found in the resolution of the Kultusministerkonferenz (German PDF, 156kb).
  • Please note that only an IB with German A as Higher Level is recognized as proof of German language skills. Otherwise, you need so supply separate proof of sufficient German skills with your application at the UBT.

Webmaster: Sabine Anders

Facebook Twitter Youtube-Kanal Instagram Blog UBT-A Contact