Druckansicht der Internetadresse:

International Office

Print page

Computer Science, Master of Science (M.Sc)

When can I submit my online application?

Application period for non EU citizens

  • Winter Semester:    15 April to 15 July
  • Summer Semester: 15 October to 15 January
Which documents do I need to submit during my online application?
  • Vorprüfungsdokumentation (VPD) uni-assist for an application for Universität Bayreuth
    Preliminary review documentation
    Deadlines for submitting the VPD in the online application in CAMPUSonline:
    Winter Semester: 15 July / Summer Semester: 15 January
    Please request your VPD via the uni-assist web portal as early as possible - but at the latest 6-8 weeks before the respective application deadline at the University of Bayreuth.
    find out more
  • Curriculum vitae
    please download and fill out this template
  • Language certificate ENGLISH level B2+ (according to the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) for Languages)
    min. TOEFL 88 / IELTS 6.5 - we do not accept English proficiency letter. This condition holds for everyone. Even native English speakers need to provide such a certificate.
    find out more
  • Language certificate GERMAN level A1 (according to the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) for Languages)
    can be obtained during the first year of the programme - find out more
  • Passport
    please provide an electronic copy of your valid passport. If you do not have a German identification card, you may submit a copy of your temporary identification or your international passport.
  • Secondary school leaving certificate including subjects and grades (e.g. Abitur, High School Diploma, A-Levels, or equivalent)
    original language + certified translation in German or English*
  • Transcript of records BACHELOR (or for comparable degree) including subjects and grades - at least 150 ECTS with a final grade corresponding to "2,5" or better on the German grading system
    Grade conversion
    original language + certified translation in German or English*

*Certified translation in German or English: only required if the document was not issued in German or English

All set? VPD requested?

Then you are ready to start the online application in our application portal CAMPUSonline.   

In our step-by-step guide for the online application in CAMPUSonline you will find helpful information on the topics:

  • Creating a basic account
  • Submitting an online application in CAMPUSonline
  • Checking the online application status
  • Subsequent submission of documents
  • Checking your admission result

You do not need to submit any paper documents by post for the application.

We may require additional documents depending on your educational background and your country of origin:

Do you already hold a bachelor's degree?Hide

Then please submit your degree certificate:

  • Degree certificate BACHELOR
    original language + certified translation in German or English*
Have you already studied a master's programme?Hide

Then please submit your master's transcript, the relevant grading scale and (if applicable) your master's certificate in original language + certified translation in German or English*:

  • Transcript of Records MASTER (or other degree) including subjects and grades
  • Grading Scale MASTER or other degree with maximum grade and minimum final grade required to be awarded the degree – not for passing individual courses (must be issued by your university)
  • If applicable: Degree certificate MASTER
Documents regarding the academic entry requiementsHide

If applicable, you can submit these additional documents:

  • Admission from the University of Bayreuth for this course of study from a previous semester (and possibly a letter of requirements)
    only to be uploaded by applicants who already got an admission letter from the UBT for the respective master's programme in a previous semester, but did not manage to start their studies
Have you attended a Studienkolleg in Germany?Hide

Then please submit the Studienkolleg certificate (Feststellungsprüfung). We do not consider any interim reports of the Studienkolleg.

  • Studienkolleg certificate
Additional country-specific documentsHide

Depending on the country of your previous educational background, you may need to submit additional documents.

Glossary for application and enrolment documents
On this page you will find information about the documents you need to apply to the University of Bayreuth. We will show you what is behind the individual designations, where you can get the documents from, and in what form you need to submit them.

Do you have questions or need assistance?
A list of contact persons for international applicants can be found here.

Webmaster: Anke Matthes

Facebook Twitter Youtube-Kanal Instagram UBT-A Contact